Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Night Project: Wine Cork Magnets!

What better way to spend a Friday night than doing a little bit of crafting while catching up on my shows after a long week?

I have a plethora of wine corks! My parents gave me a bunch of them because they didn't want to throw them away and knew I would put them to some kind of use. Of course!

I started with this bread bag of corks and this package of peel-and-stick magnet tape.


Then I used M's knife to carefully cut the corks in half. After cutting a few real corks, I cut some of the newer, synthetic kind and realized that they are so much easier! So I ended up with a good mix. 


Then I cut small rectangles of the magnet strip using kitchen shears. It was easier to cut than I thought it would be.


Here is what they look like on our fridge!


Have a wonderful, relaxing, crafty weekend! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Terrific idea...we have lots of old corks and I've been wondering what I can do with them. Great idea. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete